PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 09:33
bloggs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's here and I think it won't be what people were expecting. Looks very much like "get the white flags out, we've had enough" to me.

Since when do you include company pension contributions in your salary to see what pay rise you will be getting? Answer, only if you want the percentage increase to look better than it is!

I want the increase IN MY PAY to recognise the increase in my productivity. For 480 sectors, an average of only 40 sectors a month, it works out as 2.9% in your pay packet for a C3 Captain (those who need to know will understand). LESS THAN RPI!. If EJ's pension contributions increase because they change the way they want to pay us then that is their problem, they are trying to make us pay for it and that is wrong, and the CC agree .

The new deal is still less than a flat 3.5% payrise to our current agreement would have been. This would have almost given us the pension increase in the new deal as well. The new deal SAVES EJ money when compared to a flat 3.5% payrise, the structure of it is better but it isn't enough, it is pulling the wool over your eyes with what appears to be a better deal. Can some one tell me where the average sector base is because I want to go there, we sure as hell do more than the 420 or so sectors that this deal is worked out on where I work. Why should we give EJ 50-80 odd sectors a year for nothing? Since when has "almost certainly reduce significantly" with respect to GLA's sector numbers ever meant anything to the EJ management? What if they don't, and they will be doing more than the "standard deviation" guaranteed, what then? The deal should be worked out on the maximum sectors possible and if EJ can't utilize crew to that number then that is their problem. Nobody should be giving away a month or so of flying for nothing because they are above the "standard deviation".

It has got to the crunch and it looks like a capitulation, be interesting to see the approach from the CC if this gets a resounding NO from the workforce. I think the CC and the company have misread the feeling amongst the crew that make the airline work, we are fed up with being treated like s..t, and want fair remuneration for being screwed by the rostering and working our collective rings off!