PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KQ advert for 737 FO's.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 08:39
kichwa tembo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nostep,

i don't think the attitude of your reply is appropriate. especially given that KQguy was trying to put things in context.

What has happened is probably due to union pressure on both the company and the recruitment agency. I understand that the government through various ministries is also in the picture.

the pilots and tghe union are not completely ignorant as you seem to suggest. they are fully aware of the benefits of expansion and will never bite the hands that feed them.

The so called pilot drought at KQ was caused by a shortsighted and simply ignorant human resource department and suspect recruitment policies. Did you know that many of the Regional pilots were rejected and some didn't even get an interview. Strange considering that they fly the same aeroplanes, same routes and operate to the same standard as KQ on their 737-200's?They, in my opinion should have walked into the jobs- which by the way are held by ex-pats' who came for six months and ended up staying for almost eight years!!Funny also that some of the regional guys we rejected are now working for emirates airline.

What the union is doing is trying to get the company to consider the many pilots we have in Kenya before they resort to ex-pats. and it should be the last resort as in any other country!

It's also curious that the ad from sigma did not ask for the many academic qualifications that was asked of thew Kenyans. Did they ask about your high school qualifications, are they as stringent as the Kenyan education system?

Its a long story nostep. the union is strong and i can assure it is the reason our pilots thought of working for KQ in the first place! I can't give the whole history in one reply, but I assure you the union is completely in order and the company's expansion will not be stifled!