PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common Core Skills
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 07:06
The Helpful Stacker

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Climebear
My last CSS was at RAF Uxbridge (who parent us Watford types). Nice early start meant having to fight through London morning rush-hour, and a day out of the office was a break from planning real-time operations and I was back in the UK not in some horrible part of the world. Still wasn't I pleased that I was subjected to a lecture about the proper way to wear CS95 including learning that I shouldn't wear the old type webbing belt - important stuff or what? Or maybe we could just bin that particular item and start a bit later. Then again, perhaps we could extend the brief to include regulations for carrying nice blue rucksacks as well
To be far on the Stn Regt section, they were very professional and pitched the whole day at just about the right level. You could tell that they were embarrassed to give the CS95 brief; however, it had been mandated by the SWO. Can this only happen at the home of QCS and RAF Music Services? I hope so.
I sympathise with you Climbear. Having previously been at a rehab centre in Surrey I too had the joy of having to travel to Uxbridge for my CCS courses at an ungodly hour . The CS95 'briefing' is indeed embarrassing.

As you say though, the Regt instructors there were pretty good overall, doing what had to be done with the minimum of messing around for us.

On the 'blue bag' issue I was always under the impression that if you are not to wear 'blue' items with 'green' items (no mixed uniform). Surly the RAF sandwich bag would fall into this trap? Wouldn't a 'green' sandwich bag (like those nice daysack the Army get issued) make more sense in greens and couldn't it be issued instead of the black 'deployment' sandwich bag that seems to fill no requirement other than being cheap?