PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Singapore Basing
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 06:48
LookinDown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Datum pointed out, QF’s poor communication to their front line troops is their worst offence. It is not just with regard to the Singapore basings. The eleventh hour notifications on crucial aspects of crewing (which are too often twelfth hour) especially to the more junior are not necessary and can only be attributed to one of two reasons…

Either organisational and planning inefficiencies are leading to policy lagging behind developments ie the cart is leading the horse, or good communication especially with junior crew isn’t regarded as low priority. Both are unforgivable in a field where human factors are so closely related to work performance.

I suspect it’s a bit of both with moreso the former. Middle management is hamstrung with regard to making specific calls because they have often have no well considered framework or guidance to operate within. No advice re Sim access was available with the release of the other info because it hadn’t been considered in time.

The $15000 is paid into a Singapore bank account after arrival which must be set up beforehand. Can anyone advise if this is for tax compliance purposes?

There are some outstanding public schools in Singapore and I can provide contact details. I could also chase up clarification re expat enrolment if anyone needs it.