PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pilot Trying to Fly a Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2006, 00:28
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prune face

i've always noticed that the biggest egos seem inextricably close-coupled to the shortest fuses.
but to err is human to repeat is----?

taxi speed? i remember in '79 at LGB we were told straight up, fifty feet- fifty knots, or the little green men in the very tall building will shoot you. mind you it was the busiest light A/C hub in the world in company with five of the busiest seven all within 150 nm's, right there in the sunny west. six active rotor pads all day.

The coppers next door to our air log outfit used come out of their compound in their 369's tracking direct at Vjato i am sure of that. they were a good bunch, on for a beer and a joke.

low level maneuvring? it, is simple and something to do with learning about flying helicopters instead of straight line stuff. first you need instruction, then an LL endorsement and shudder -- shudder if you live for 300 hours and if you want to take it further, find someone who will teach you the boundaries that you can then use to explore for yourself.

an attitude to be commended for those who have the flair, as it invariably will pplace you in better cred when that real situation pops up in those out of the way places.
for those who don't wish to push that is also fine, always try to work out how to stay out of that unusual situation, no-where near guns or cattle i think.