PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 20:44
sjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£70,000 is a figure that seems to be the norm these days, I payed apx £48,000 type include.
Lost two jobs offers when sept 11 happened worked my arse of to get 1000hrs and watched 250hrs guys get jobs offers straight out of a flight school.
Amased 2500hrs total time only to be told by one TP company "not really interested , as you will leave as soon as you get 500 multi-crew"
They like young fresh pilots that cant move on for a few years, as someone stated earlier this topic has been done to death, its not simply about who has the most money, its about who has the strongest will to succeed.
£70000 for a licence vs £48000+type, well if you will believe the nice shinny adds by the big schools more fool you.
I dont believe it costs that much unless you go to the large schools. And before someone pipes up with crap like "they are the best schools" , well "" not true and those who choose a school and pay top money for training in the hope oxford or cabair on the CV will give them the edge are just as guilty as those who they accuse.

So a case of pot calling kettle black me thinks, incidentally many of my friends are capts in major airines and many of them are of the belief terms and conditions were way on there way down before this self-type approach started.

I wish everyone luck in thier job hunting and sincerely hope you all gain employment, just remember "life isnt fair"