PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Singapore Basing
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 13:46
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand it....

$15,000.00 allowance is taxable (not tax free)

Difficulty with respect ot the construction of rosters, legal as well as practical.

Weak Assurances of Singapore taxation rates for the pilots affected was one of the reasons I said NO. The company with its vast array of resources have done nothing. Neither did the old AIPA-A matter bought to the attention of the old AIPA a simple position/ costing from a reputable consultancy would have cleared up. It would appear that the pilot is not considered eligible, due I believe the amount of time spent out of Singapore.

Further there are issues with respect to the availability of training facilities. It has been stated there are not facilities for pilot training available in Singapore.

Many of the guys assigned have to be told by end of June(?) I think of their relocation.

As these issues relates to many of the terms of the EBA 7 the misrepresented or simply error ridden assurances are not standing up to scrutiny. The new AIPA is looking at it; closely...Watch this space or PM me if you would like some additional detail, ..For the record I am not part of AIPA, but i do know a few of them