PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cross wind landings
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 11:23
pilgrim flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen, look, emulate, learn (hopefully)

KR quote:
'Keygrip however, I do not like your patronising tone a great deal, there really is no need.'

If Keygrip is who I think he is then he's the best instructor/examiner I've ever flown with, bar none. In any case he was just trying to give you some advice which will save you breaking an aeroplane, boosting all of our insurance costs and preserve what seems to be an unjustifyably large ego intact.

To (miss)quote another aviation guru ' most common cause of a broken (aeroplane) is to have been talking when you should have been listening'..... Hope this helps.

PF

PS I find that most students in both gliders and aeroplanes seem to get the combination technique quite quickly - i.e. crab + a touch of wing down in the flare etc. The wheel doesn't take all of the weight because the wings are still producing lift. When wing stops producing lift you loose aileron authority and the other wheel gently touches the ground- evey time. Works on taildraggers and twins too. Admitedly I've never tired it in a 747, or at 90 kts.