PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Patiently Waiting.........BACX!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 10:44
Sprawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless you start fiddling with the dates in your logbook, they are going to be able to tell you lied. Don't really think you want to be doing either!
Chances are, you prob wont need to do a full 50 hours, hour building just to meet the requirements. Just enough to keep your 50 hour total for the last 12 months.
Interviews are a scarce commodity and if you got the email, I'd be inclined to keep flying to meet their requirements. Unless of course you just haven't done any flying in the last 12 months and have to do a 50 hour chunk. Then you're really going to have to look at your options. A 2 week trip to the US or Can will prob sort you out but still an expensive trip. From reading previous posts though, I think even once you are in the hold pool, you still have to maintain the 50 hour currency requirement.
Does seem a little harsh though not counting sim time toward the 50 hour requirement. I would have thought IR sim time would be a lot more beneficial toward any future training than VFR trips in a 152!