PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices restructure
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 03:44
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when the bean counters are let loose, no one's safe.
I thought they were sacking all the bean counters?

CM, heard the same story about the contractors in the 300... Seems like about 120 people in ML and BN and what was AS have been offered an opportunity to apply for the remaining CB based jobs; but there will be no local options left, all centralised in CB.

Puece, the age profile is such that redundancy opportunities in ATC would be accepted with open arms. Count those over 50, nearly half... In some locations it is rare to find a permanent body under 50... We have been finding ways to reduce ATC numbers for the last 10 years; we have gone from 1100 to 950 in that time; taking on FS functionality too; so the numbers currently say pretty tight.

Technology might save some bodies; but from where I am, 2 days off every 10 shifts or so, 5+ phones calls on my days off every single time to come to work; if I say no (and chose life) they often close airspace or the others left at the consoles are doing so understaffed... Bring on technolgoy please; it's been the "great white hope" for 15 years already, yet we haven't seen very many changes (huh!) that actually saved one body...