PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 01:49
wellfedCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not a hypothesis, it's fact. Even a cursory glance at the last few equipment bids illustrates this effect.

{Okay, list deleted due to libel chill. Supporting evidence available via email to those in possession of the secret-decoder ring.}

Take a look at the junior blue pilot in this seat, Paul Arends. Pre-merger (EAB35) he held A320F at 70% and couldn't touch B767F, let alone a left seat anywhere in the CAIL system. However, the junior red pilot above, Orrett Williams, was already a DC-9 C at 87%. Five years later, Williams has moved very little while Arends has magically gained enough seniority to be an A320C. A320F to A320C at the stroke of an arbitrator's pen......not a bad little gain, eh?

This is not an isolated occurrence. Similar comparisons can be made all up and down the Keller list. In effect, that award was the ultimate "buy now, pay later" deal for the blue side. Sure, you may suffer slightly near the tail end of your career, but most of your side will reap the benefits for 15 or more years before paying the piper.

Personally, I'd rather be where I was pre-merger than hang my hat on the last 3 years of my career. With age-60 being revisited and the uncertainties of personal health, nobody on the red side can ever count on collecting your "top of the list" uplift.

Last edited by wellfedCanuck; 3rd Mar 2006 at 13:48.