PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 01:35
Datum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B A Lert
......There are literally '000s of young people to do your work: after all, how long does it take from day 1 to first trip as a flight attendant?
B A Lert - There would be literally '000s of young people..' wishing to work for Macquarie Bank....do you see the Bank lowering their pay packets to retain or attract good quality people (some of the best in their industry)?...They won't - they understand that to grow and develop their organisation within a 'very competitive environment' they NEED the BEST people they can possibly get...

This particular part of your response is flawed....

If the QF Group (including JETSTAR) wish to attract the best pilots in Australia and the region - they will have to continue to provide competitive Terms and Conditions....

As an example - look at the entry level pilot into OZJET v JETSTAR International....in OZJET they would enter as an FO and start on around $75,000....the proposed JETSTAR International deal would see an entry level 'Cruise FO' start on approx $50,000....I know which company I would be going too given the choice...

The QF Group do not just compete with Australian GA operators....

Do you think many Military pilots will leave the ADF to join JETSTAR International - I seriously doubt it....

If the T + C continue to be reduced....Experienced and Good Quality pilots will go to Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Dragon Air...etc...