PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apps and W&B spreadsheets for iPhone/Palm/Android/Blackberry
Old 3rd Mar 2006, 01:17
loachboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weight & Balance Spreadsheets (incl for PDAs)

Hi all,
I have been asking different drivers on what types of 'Cheat Sheets' they use for quick Weight & Balance calculations in the 'Real World'. And basically the most common seems to be a fuel qty vs payload available, simple enough.
BUT, I have double checked all of the calculations on the various Helicopter types I have these Cheat Sheets available on : R22, R44, B47, B206, and have found that whilst the numbers may be within the lateral and longditudinal envelopes. When I try spreading different weights around the various machines the C of Gs can go outside the limitations.
I realise that alot of you guys out there may know alot of different Tips & Tricks in relation to this subject, and that alot of it comes with experience, but in such a litigious World I am hoping some of you can share them with us more inexperienced guys.
eg: Overweight people under the mast etc etc .
Am I being too pedantic ?
And if anybody out there has any well setout 'Cheat Sheets' I would appreciate a copy if possible.

PS - Mainly interested on R44's, but appreciate all info.
PM me.

Thanks for sharing !

Loachster