PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You've Just Been Made CEO of Qantas
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 23:45
Datum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a START...

Just as a start:

1. Announce a 20 % DECREASE to my outrageous and unethical salary. I will do this in order to provide all employees of the QF Group with the LEADERSHIP that has been lacking for sometime now...

What is good for them is good for me! If my employees see that I am willing to make financial concessions - so might they.... Given my extraordinarily high salary - a 20% cut will not effect my lifestyle any where near as much as it may effect the lifestyle's of some of my employees...

This will show them that I truly understand their position and that I too am willing to make concessions to ensure the long term viability of the Airline...

2. I will treat my employees (in particular my Cabin Crew, Engineers and Pilots) with far greater respect. If I treat them with respect they will work harder for the company. If my employee groups are happy and highly motivated our product and service will improve dramatically...this will quickly result in greater customer satisfaction and therefore greater profits for the company..

3. I will engage the 'Senior Officers' of the company - AIRCRAFT CAPTAINS...and instill a much greater sense of team within the pilot body. It may be dangerous to only listen to a few of the Senior Pilots who always have my ear... I would do this by initiating meetings between senior management and the Senior Aircraft Captains, with or without the Chief Pilot present - importantly, I wish to hear what they all have to say regarding the company, it's product and the pilot's perceptions of it's current direction. What are their concerns? How can we do a better job? How can we save more money? Noting that most of my Aircraft Captains have worked for Qantas for far longer than I - Maybe they will have something constructive to suggest...if not - at least I have given them the opportunity...At least they will feel like they are being ENGAGED...

4. I would stop paying my senior pilots performance bonuses..Why? - Because they are eating their young and thinking of themselves when making many of their decisions.... They are providing EXTREMELY POOR LEADERSHIP to the entire pilot body which is creating much anger and DISTRUST....we cannot afford to have so much distrust in our organisation....particulary at the operational level! Unfortunately, they have been loyal towards management - and disloyal towards the group they should represent....