PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 23:26
Iguanahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only hope that all JQ crew read the proposal thoroughly and think about how it presents in your day to day living. Really think about how this will affect your life, your health and your job. Please don't vote it in without considering the whole package and it's effect on yourself and everybody you work with.

Here are my concerns and yes I will be asking questions at the roadshow to have the correct info given so that I can make an informed choice.

1. BOC flying duties can also be allocated on live days so it won't just be 4 a roster. There is a gaping hole there waiting for the company to jump in to.

2. I receive no more money doing BOC than I do for flying the same hours between 9 and 5. Why would I want that? Seriously, I'd like to see management drag their butts out of bed at 2am for the same money and give the same expected productivity and output.

3. No crew rest unless over 11 hours and then only if pax loads allow. So I can do 10-45 hours BOC with no where to go but my crew jumpseat.

4. Can someone confirm if I can sign off and then sign on within the 24 hour period at home base. I ask this as I want to know if I will be working lates in to earlies then to lates backward and forward within the rest periods. This causes major fatigue, we are lucky now that we stay relatively on one or the other for a week or so, then days off. If it's let through we will be at the mercy of rostering and our home life will go down the drain. And don't forget no band payments for your BOC.

5. If you don't get called in for a duty on an avaialble day you don't recoup the 1:4 DHC. You also don't get paid the 1:4 DHC for a live day. So effectively I am still standing by for the company at no extra cost to them, and no extra incentive for me.

6. The 3% pay increase absolutely falls short of compensating the type and amount of work the company are asking for. It is the standard pay rise that every QF group department has received, but we will be giving a lot more and receiving a lot less benefits for it.

I just think we all deserve a fair pay for our work. From the proposal I can see that there is opportunity to work harder for more time off. But I really don't think working BOC for no extra pay and longer duty days without adequate rest is a good deal.

I also don't believe saying no has to mean strike action. I'd like to believe the company love their dollars more than that and would spend a bit more thought on coming up with an alternative. Having said that if they were too shortsighted to do that I'm more than happy to be involved in legal strike action.

And finally we are good people, we work hard, we make the company a lot of money, and we should be fairly compensated for our work. That's all I ask.

Iguanahead votes NO!