PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA Application - I hope...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 22:17
RAF_Techie101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCA Application - I hope...

Guys and Gals

Well, after 5 years as a junior rank, and very much enjoyable as well, I've decided I really need to get on and re-apply for NCA, as I'd always aimed to do after failing when I was 17. However, as you can imagine, 4 years on the Line has somewhat altered my physiology... In other words, I'm about 3 stone over the weight limit and not exactly in the best shape fitness wise...

So, question being, what exactly are they looking for fitness-wise at OASC and entry to ITC? I seem to remember reading that a level above your Bleep Test standard was expected during OASC, but I've also heard tales of 3 miles in 21 minutes...? Anyone been through recently and can comfirm or deny any of the above?

My weight I can get down if I concentrate enough, had to do it before I joined up the first time round, but seeing as I don't really 'enjoy' going down the gym, keeping my fitness up has always been a bit of a problem. With something to aim for though, I believe I can make myself do it. I know a bloke of my age (23) shouldn't be struggling with the RAF's rather low fitness levels, and it doesn't exactly make me a prime candidate for NCA, but I have to try my best at least, or I'll never know if I culd have done it or not.

I'd appreciate any info anyone has that could help, and fully expect a few 'Don't bother trying you fat git' replies as well...

RAF_Techie