PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 21:25
Clipper_Freedom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Braking the 3 year Contract

Hi,
I just came back from DXB 4 weeks ago after 3,5 years with EK. It was a nice time but not as good as they try to sell it, so be aware ... Life is different down there! But there is now fee if you donīt stay 3 years. During probation your notice period is 1 week and afterwards its 1 month and they donīt charge you for anything. But let me tell you as an ex insider .. the last 6 month of 2005 1.200 people left and this year already up to nearly 600 .... its all not confirmed and even though conditions are improving its still not like working for an airline with a union, like in Europe !! For example: the last month I was working there I always did the 9 day DXB-SIN-BNE-AKL trip, came back in the morning (that day was rest) and then after 2 days off operating early morning a 14hr non-stop trip to JFK !! I did that 3 month in a row and I can tell you its no fun !! After more than one year in DXB you can be happy if you manage to sleep more than 5hrs a nite as all flights are nite dep. and there is no crew rest on board (only on the 340-500) and depending on the Senior sleeping, reading, etc. on empty seats normally is not allowed !! But its a nice experience for a limited period of time ... have a plan to leave after a year or so and I can recomand it ... but not as an career !!!

Hope it helps some of you being in doubt, feel free to ask !! ALways happy landings .....