PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 20:22
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big problem for me is that I can't afford not to get a job that pays more. I have to admit that the reality for new pilots is a big cloud of unanswered questions.

The schools are doing everything they can to get you to start training and paying without really telling the new pilots the reality that awaits them when they are finished.

And here we stand, with huge loans and no chance to get an honest job, what do we do? There are more pilots finishing than there is a need for instructors.

If I were to become an instructor I would still have to spend at least 9000 euros on the intstructor training. It would take me over a year of flying just to get that money back.

To me, it's not worth it. I would love to, if I could afford it but I can't... so I do what I must... even though it might feel wrong, I admit that, but that's how the market for pilots is right now.

Perhaps if the increased no of flights continue like it has the past year and the airlines keep makeing more and more money in maybe 2-5 years they will be forced to pay for ratings in order to get pilots at all... But we're not there yet, unfortunately...

Last edited by Founder; 2nd Mar 2006 at 21:03.