PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 19:37
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagtastic
Founder & ACP,
So you guys pat yourselves on the back for finding yourselves in a A320 or B737 instead of learning how to fly properly doing instructing or general aviation work somwehere in the world.
I find your comments about those of who are flying GA jobs very condescending and rude. These guys and girls will be better pilots than you will ever be, will be able to look at themselves in a mirror with pride and don't deserve to be shafted by fools like you who are subsidising industry training costs and making the bean counters very happy.
Now you've landed this job and sitting fat dumb and happy. What's next on the 'pay for it yourself' agenda.. someone else comes along and works for free until command comes along and you get laid off to make way for this bean counters wet dream.
Get the picture?
Shags
First of all I never said that I would work for free. I stated that I would pay my own type-rating if it would give me a job. Tell me how I am to pay my rent and food and at the same time pay off my loans that I've taken to be able to fly with the salary of an instructor? I'd make more money working in the industry building cars or whatever...

Set yourself in the position of having about 70'000 Euros in loans because of studies and then take a job which payes you about 1000 euro's per month... get real!!!

It's easy for someone to have an opinion like yours if you're already flying as a professional pilot making lots of money...