PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 16:32
Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Longchop
Sarcasm?
wow, this thread amazes me! I knew people were desperate/crazy but this is just amazing. One thing all the people who pay for TR's must think about is the people on the bottome of the ladder flying TPs.
I fly a TP and have never paid for a TR. I got my first job with 235hrs and alot of persistence in a ground based job. I chose to start at the bottom and work my way up but what i didnt realise is how much of an affect a 250hr newbie is having when they pay for their own TR.
Look at it this way, I have 1000hr multi crew and now want to move onto a jet but I am one of those people who refuse to pay for a TR but all the people who are paying for TR's and working for free are killing it for the rest of us!Therefore i am now struggling to find a new step on the ladder.
Personally i'd be too ashamed to admit to paying for my TR!
Well I'm not. I need a job to be able to pay off all my loans I've taken to be able to work with the thing I love most. I need a job to survive and I'm not about to work for 5-10 years earning small amounts of money when I can pay for a type-rating and then get 3-4 times the amout of money.

I'm not about to take pitty on or suffer economically becuase of someone else who just for the cause refuses to pay for his/her TR.

Either you get a job and start flying while earning lots of money or you're stuck with loans you'll never be able to repay with a "normal" job.