PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question from an Inexperienced F/O
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 13:50
AERO_STUDENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

First of all, thank you for some very very helpful replies. Again, from a lowly F/O it's really appreciated to get some thought out, lengthy replies from guys who've (probably) seen and heard of this situation many times before.

Some comments;

Ignition Override: - The chap's name is still only with me, and one other F/O that I have confidence in. Long may it stay that way.

Bealzebub: - Thankyou for taking the time for that reply! If, in 5 years time, this is the worst day I've ever had in the air, I'll be a happy chap indeed. If, in 35 years time, I've still not had a worse day, I'll be very happy. I think you read correctly between the lines that "I found the chap 'difficult' rather than dangerous", however part of the reason I am still concerned about this day was that I believe the two are far from mutually exclusive.

As an update - I've emailed a training captain who I know reasonaby well with the text from my initial post above, to see what his comments are. I'm awaiting his reply.

When I spoke to the other F/O about this Captain I asked him why he had a bad day with this Captn, before I told him my story, to try and judge whether I had invoked a certain type of behaviour or it was more indicative of the Capt's typical personality.

I also thank you for your comments about using this particular day as a learning experience (as indeed all days are), and benefitting from the experience. Early on in the day I realised that it was not going to be the same kind of 'fun day out' that can be had with many crews, and it would be a day to work hard, draw deep on my recent training and try to be as professional as possible. I am glad that I didn't 'bite' to any comments and maintained my self-discipline.

Thank you again guys, any further comments gladly appreciated. I will post any updates or replies.