PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME TO STOP PAYING
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 13:32
ACP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Founder, to answer your question: The type rating is useless without hours on type.
I have self funded my A320 rating and I have been seeking, sending my CV, calling Chief pilots all around the world for over a year. Their first question was: ''Are you type rated, then how many hours on type do you have?'' I said I have no hours on type but I am willing to work for free until I reach 500 hours, they replied: ''Please send us your application stating that you are willing to work for free''.
I have never been called for an interview, I suppose that the problem was not about the personality but only because they want experience on type. (Even if I also have experience as Flight dispatcher and Flight Attendant).
Finally I decided to pay my 500 hours on type, I have been waiting for few months before joining a line training. Then I have been employed by the airline. My partner during the rating has 4000 hrs TT with 1000 on turbine and his still looking for. He has the same problem: type rated and lots of hours but no experience on type, desparate, willing to pay another 30000$ to get those hours