PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WJ Pilots Ratify Contract
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 12:33
B757FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuzzy here

Originally Posted by jumpy737
So while the OAC and CDN pilots fight amongst themselves, the WJ pilots have shown their cohesiveness by voting 95% in favour of the new contract. This contract is zero cost to the company and is very innovative in both compensation and scheduling. So for all the naysayers out there that said the culture will not last once profit sharing is reduced....well here's the proof.
Great job by the association in addressing the concerns of ALL the pilots.
jumpy737 I here your excitement but I got to ask something. Since you are a part owner do you feel a personal drive for the airline to succeed I mean we all want to have jobs but. In my eyes a contract that has zero cost to the company is just that. Don't get me wrong though I think its great you are all driven to have the company succeed but if your stock drops again and your profit sharing were to disappear does your new contract address this issue? We have seen the pay disputes on other threads about WJ but it just seems odd being on the outside trying to understand why you don't grab hard cash as opposed to relying on the company to do well for your salaries. Its probably my ignorance about your contract which is why I ask. Is the new contract incentives for pilots based on better skeds and profit sharing only? Did the salary issue get addressed at all? Curious. Congrats though good to see no hatred between the pilots and the company.

B757FO