PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 65 - New ICAO provision... MERGED THREADS
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 11:28
F104G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am CPT and TRE with a large german airline und in the age of upper 50īs. When I was young and had a knife between my teeth, I was sure to retire as early as possible. But as I was getting older, my feelings were becoming different. Why should I retire and than stress the nerves of my wife and have the prettiest yard in the neighborhood, while I am well capable in physics and in flying performance?
During line and simulator checks I see poor behavier in every age group. Sure, there are some older captains with problems, but these problems do not come when passing 60, they are imminent long before that.
EU regulation is allowing us to work up to 65 in the cockpit and I am glad about it.
My observation is, that many Pilots are also happy with this development and use this opportunity.
In general, experience in our company is positiv with pilots up to 65.
These colleges, who start bitching about older captains, are sitting on the right side generally and speculate for the left seat only.