PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meaning of "flexible" tickets
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 11:14
chornedsnorkack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flexibility

Originally Posted by Bangkokeasy
I suspect your question is, whether your place in the pecking order of seat allocation changes if you switch between carriers on a flexible ticket. I leave those with greater knowledge than I to answer that.
I was actually more interested in what happens when a passenger on flexible ticket attempts to switch to a different flight on the same carrier.
However, I concur with slim_slag that the fun starts when you start to push the envelope as to what you can actually practically do with a ticket.
Another thing that can lead to fun is when the envelope is getting pushed against you by things like ticket sales or the holders of other flexible tickets using their flexibility.
I have found, for instance, that in Asia, it is usually possible to turn up for a flight other than that you are ticketed and booked for and you will get on with no extra penalty, as long as it is in the same class on the same airline and the flight is not full (I know this is a bit naughty ). This works regardless of whether the ticket is discounted or not.
Does it work like "standby on earlier flight" or is it wider?
That said, conversely, in Asia it can be difficult to endorse even a full fare ticket from one airline to another, sometimes requiring the issuing airline to physically endorse the ticket over. Difficult if out of working hours!
Issuing airline... the airline where the ticket was first supposed to be flown with or the airline which ends up flying the ticket after endorsement?