PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pilot Council Snubs AIPA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 04:45
hotnhigh

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Great idea tank but the company wont allow it to work. Secondly, I'm sorry but what will Jetstar pilots lose if it's a no vote. If the current management speak of another pilot group being available, well lets bring it on. Lets see... A330 guys for an 18 month contract, and then what.... pay for their endorsements for the 787's. C'mon.
I confess to being biased in this thread as I'm junior mainline. I have also worked with current jetstar pilots with overseas airlines. These blokes have flown with similar operations that Jetstar Int ops will be. I trust they are warning of all the dangers incorporated into the current agreement.
Will the current Jetstar command upgrades disappear with a no vote? Via the current MOU don't you have an opportunity to move to mainline if you want? A yes vote simply puts more than a few nails in the coffin of the mainline conditions that you could have access to.
And just to re iterate... the far, far majority of mainline pilots want this to be successful for the Jetstar pilot group. You control the destiny of future T&C for the entire QF group.