PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question from an Inexperienced F/O
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 04:09
LJDRVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent advice here, particularly from bealzbub.

Sounds to me like you made an attempt to get him to participate. Your comment that these briefings were also for your benefit, along with the aside that you'd appreciate his experienced input were excellent.

I'm not as familiar with the European cockpit culture as I am with things here in the states, but I would echo the advice to bring the issue up with a Captain you trust. Refuse to identify the individual, that will demonstrate to the Captain involved that you're not just another gossip-mongering FO. See what they have to say.

Once off probation, you have the option of confronting (tactfully) the offender personally. If they're not receptive, and you get the feeling you're just spinning your wheels, then you advise the gentleman in question you will be taking your concerns to professional standards.

It's been my experience that once confronted, many of these bullies will instantly back down and start behaving. In the meantime, search for something you can get this person to talk about. Even if it's themselves and why they're god's gift to aviation, at least the humour will make it more bearable.

I wish you success!