PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Focus Air
Thread: Focus Air
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2006, 02:51
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fr8box
Hey Guys...you seem quite critical of an airline that's just getting it's feet wet and has only been flying revenue trips for seven months. I remember the early days of Atlas and it's like dejavu all over again. Same conditions, same complaints. And remember, a bad day flying beats the hell out of a good day flipping burgers!
Are there problems at Focus? Sure there are! It's a start up for crying out loud! It's not going to be a perfect airline! Could the pay be better? Sure it could! Are the problems and pay going to be addressed? I believe they will! There is already talk of revisiting the pay scale. As a matter of fact, with the installation of a new Chief Pilot, several new schedulers and licensed dispatchers there have been some immediate improvements and what I believe will be a lot more long term fixes and solutions.
Just remember, when there was talk of Polar going on strike and possibly shutting the doors, there were a heck of a lot of resumes and telephone calls going Focus' way, problems or not!
All I'm saying is give them a chance...we all had to start somewhere and that's what Focus management is asking.."Just let them get the airline up and running." Which by the way, seems to be progressing very well. The company is operating in the black so far and rumors aside, their customers have indicated they are happy with their performance.
How do you feel about spending 120 block hours in 30 day period but only get paid for flight hours? An F/E friend of mine, who is with Focus, who I spoke with last week said there is no change in the near future concerning the pay structure.