PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices restructure
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 19:11
CaptainMidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I forgot to say I've heard a rumour that the staff reduction figure of 300 stated by the CEO is wrong, and many in ASA know it.

The story I got is that the restructure people used a piece of ASA management software to come up with a list of all staff within ASA, and the cost centres they belong to. They then used these figures for number crunching, publishing internally on their website, and the magic number for the CEO to use. Unfortunately they didn't realise that the list also included the names of all external contractors i.e. people who work for outside organisations who have contracts with ASA to do various work, everything from security guards, cleaners, PC maintainers, up to software engineers etc. The names of these people are "on the system" for a variety of reasons eg. they hold security cards, need access to the ASA computer network and so on. They are all assigned to various cost centres, so the figures for these are artificially high because these people have been lumped in with ASA staff numbers.

Perhaps someone in ASA can verify this rumour