PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson
Thread: Air Nelson
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 19:09
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah Cloud..I got offered an interview..and told em to stick it when I was told Id have to fork out 15K AUD for a 300 (not even an NG! for gawds sake )
I think there is far too much emphasis placed on numbers. The type of experience, and particularly the quality of the applicant are more important factors. I'm sure you will agree that many 1000 hr pilots are more competent than some 3000 hr pilots etc
While this may be true in isolated cases..insurance companies all over the world will disagree with you..and they are ones who end up paying for hull losses, which I suspect means they know more than both you or I
I'm sure the experienced pilot would do a great job, but doubt they would be any better (on average) than the upgraded F/O
Sorry mate I have to beg to differ....having been there and done it on T/P's..an experienced operator (jet or T/P) has a bigger treasure trove to fall back on..than a new young player with less toys in the tool kit. Truth be told I dont think there is a lot in it..but thats just my opinion