PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Research on Solenta
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 18:37
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh....The 727 rumour, again. I can't believe it's still going around, it's like one of these chain letters that just won't die. Believe it when you see it happening, and keep happening. They tried to do it once, but it didn't work out. Maybe they're trying again, but like I said - believe it when you see it. Don't base any decisions on what 'might' happen, especially when it been at the stage of 'might happen' for so long.....It would be great, I have no doubts about that, and I'm sure it would lure a lot of pilots to them were it to actually be fact. And as long as they didn't make them pay for the rating....

And, yes, they do operate a mixed fleet, but having to shell out the cash for the conversion to type, just like anybody else out there hardly constitutes 'a lot of room for advancement'. What I'm trying to say is that they have no fixed plan in place for progression e.g. you work for X amount of time on the Van, then you will be eligible for the 1900 conversion (paid for by them!), then X amount of time on that and then the ATR conversion etc. I say again (as I said above), it would be great if they did that, but they don't. The only obstacles to joining onto whatever fleet you wanted seems to be cash, appropriate experience (ie suitable medium twin turbine time for the ATR), and them needing somebody to fill the spot. They don't hold ATR spots for their own guys without the cash to pay up.

They are generally well organised, as you say though, and they are nice to work for. 'Getting paid when you should' though, is not a bonus in my opinion - it's how it's meant to happen at the most basic of levels.