PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Nelson
Thread: Air Nelson
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 18:35
Cloud Cutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR, I really have to disagree with some of your argument. I don't see any reason why a pilot who has even 10,000 hours in command of more sophisticated aircraft would be a better candidate for a command with Air Nelson than one of their own F/Os who has probably been there at least 3 years and amassed over 2000 hours on that specific operation. I'm sure the experienced pilot would do a great job, but doubt they would be any better (on average) than the upgraded F/O.

I think there is far too much emphasis placed on numbers. The type of experience, and particularly the quality of the applicant are more important factors. I'm sure you will agree that many 1000 hr pilots are more competent than some 3000 hr pilots etc.

It is agreed that there is no reason for an airline like Air Nelson to preclude the hiring of overseas pilots or ex pats, but that doesn't mean they should be able to jump the queue.

By the way, for those interested - JetConnect are interviewing like crazy now all the Jet* stuff is sorted out. Non T/R F/Os can expect to pay $15 G for the pleasure.