PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 17:03
VC10 Rib22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rocketboots,
DON`T WISH TO POUR WATER ON YOUR FIRE,BUT I HAVE SEVERAL MATES WHO WORK IN THE AIRLINE BUSINESS AS ENGINEERS INCLUDING MY SELF AND THERE AINT NO CHANCE OF US GETTING A JOB EVEN WITH A FROZEN ATPL CPL IR IN THE BAG....And sorry for shouting!
On what do you base your assertion that you and your friends are the engineers upon whose success it shall be judged whether or not aircraft engineering be an advantage for recruitment as a pilot?
Are you telling me that a pilot recruitment panel, unable to separate two candidates through aptitude selection, psychological assessment, interview, sim check and can-I-actually-sit-with-this-guy/girl-for-3-hours?, would choose someone who has had a non-aviation career over an aircraft engineer who, having spent many years being trained in aircraft systems, would be an incredibly useful company asset and who has a demonstrable interest in aviation?
Having an aircraft engineering background doesn't entitle you to a seat in the flightdeck - as a background in Ops, ATC, Cabin Crew and Dispatcher equally doesn't - but it is an indisputable advantage in getting it.
Remember, you're only a phone call or letter away from your first break, so keep your chin up.
Regards
VC10 Rib22