PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Eng Branch
Thread: Air Eng Branch
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 16:56
Ginger Beer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Well wotd'ya know,
Fancy that, you stop training FEs, the new aircraft ISDs move to the right (that's never happened before !?!?) and you end up in a situation where you will be down in required numbers of FEs in the medium to long term. I just can't fathom it
So, lets start looking at some incentives for the boys then as a large majority of those I know have been researching their next "careers". Once the school closed we knew, that was that, and started to look else where. Until it closed it was just another maybe. The school had been closing for FE training since I joined And that was nearly a full career ago.
So, FRIs/ PAS/extensions past 55 yrs/bring back promotion (that'll never catch on), I know, lets give the boys reserved rights to promotion pay scales as there's no promotion slots
I give up,
I still have bruises from banging my head against the wall and before you all start with we'll put GEs through 2 OCUs, recruit more Ozzies, Open the school again but (the modular course was not been designed with FEs in mind) the backbone of training i.e. the sim is supposedly on its way to 51 as a procedures trainer ?
I give up
Ginge