PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pictures of aircraft water-skiing? Genuine or not?
Old 1st Mar 2006, 13:22
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I reason....sorry dude...you want to then fill your boots..seriously... do you think anyone will climb in the back for the ride?

I won't even attempt to say 'just don't' because that would be hypocritical...but some thoughts;

If you really think you are good enough,

Put bigger tyres on your cub...850/6 probably....practice wheelers with the big tyres on land for a while.

Buy a helmut so if you flip you are less likely to be knocked out and drown,

Don't invite mates to watch....to much peer pressure....the very last thing you want is the 'watch this' pressure.

If you decide not to at the last moment be proud of yourself.

Weigh up very carefully the balance between a few seconds of thrill against wrecking your aeroplane...delete this if you can afford to replace/repair it from petty cash

Or here's an idea!

Over on supercub.org someone talks about an instructor teaching it in his cub...surely if you can afford to own an aircraft you can afford to pax to the states and spend a long weekend learning how in someone elses aircraft...it will either sate your desire or lessen the chances of wrecking YOUR aeroplane hugely. Why not peruse that thread...I am sure you have..and PM the person and ask?

As I said, it is no more silly or irresponsible than many extreme sports...rock crawling in 4WD for instance...or a mate of mine who's into extreme paragliding(aerobating the bloody things)...or single handed around the world yacht racing....high diving...deep diving...race car driving....rally car driving...unlimited aerobatics...zooming across water on a jet ski

But I would be doing a fair bit of research before I tried if I was you...I recomend the 'do it on holidays in the states' route...if there is someone over their who teaches it.