PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 09:28
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Back to the drawing board for both."
Aaah - but will JQ want to go back to the drawing board at all? Especially post Work Choices? Yes, we're bound by an Agreement...but what are WE (that is, all crew - after all, we ARE THE UNION!) going to do as a GROUP to facilitate this? True, it may NOT come to industrial action, but we do have to think about all the possible scenarios. Just like EP's (!)

"Just like the pilots did. They didn't need to take a defensive stance from what they've mentioned."
From an industrial and pilot standpoint, our pilots aren't exactly envied for their deal by other pilots in areas throughout the QF Group, if you get my drift. They didn't take a defensive stance for a number of reasons. Take a look at D&G for a sample of how well their deal is regarded.

"but I'd also like to think that our management actually foster a deeper love for their employees.

...am I farting against thunder do I have to ask myself?"
Farting against thunder! LOL! Honey - we're farting against a tornado!

"Can you clarify any other "dirty little scams"?"
That's one of the bigger ones I know about. The worst ones, are of course, those where the crew do little side deals with Crewing and management. If I had a dollar for everytime a crew member whinged about wanting to reduce their rest below 10 hours so they could do a swap to attend a party, etc. I wouldn't need to work.

There are of course, those who have done many little deals and THEN have the temerity to whine about how the company wants to take advantage of their 'deal' across the rest of us. Trust me - I've heard the telephone conversations to crewing.

We can sometimes be our own worst enemy.