PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JANUARY PAX FIGURES ON BMI DOWN 15.6%
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 02:12
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
As chance would have it, I will be needing to go London to MAN in a couple of months time, so decided to compare prices.

The BMI prices out of LHR to MAN are about level pegging with BA but what amazed me was that I could not find detail on the 3rd party charges - or if they ARE all 3rd party! It simply states:
applicable taxes, passenger service charge and insurance surcharge GBP 46.50
So they are charging me for insurance that is neither detailed nor optional?? Perhaps the detail is there but I checked each page of the booking from first to the moment of asking for payment and could not find it. I searched their help pages and could not find it. Unless it is is staring me in the face ...

I did find the bit about no through bag checking and a T&Cs page that had text scattered all over the page and used airline short-form jargon. I found that to use a credit card would add another £4.95. Even RYR charge only £1.75 (according to their site a few moments ago). Altogether, having not travelled with BD for some years, I cannot see any reason to use them on this route. If I cannot find that detail, I will not book.