PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Cabin Crew EBA
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2006, 00:12
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got no problems if people vote No. None whatsoever.

What I DO have a problem with is these same people who say:
"But why do we need to take industrial action?"
"I don't want to go on strike - we should be able to negotiate a better deal"

THAT TIME HAS BEEN AND GONE - and this is what has been developed. Remember - this company is operated by two former Ryanair bosses. WHAT WARNING BELLS SHOULD THIS TELL YOU regarding their CONTEMPT for unions, crew, etc??!

GET THE PICTURE PEOPLE! We have to act as UNIFIED group, across the network, to say to the company we're not happy with the proposal (if that's how you feel). That is ALL CREW in ALL BASES - not just those who've been around for a few years like myself and feel we deserve better. Recognition of length of service MEANS NOTHING. Zip. Zero. You want to stay? Stay. Don't like it? Go. THAT'S THE COMPANY'S ATTITUDE.

Ironically, the same people who want to vote No (not all of them, mind you) will probably be the first to put their hands up to work during any industrial dispute for day off drafting bonus, acting CM pay, and so on. Opportunists are all around us.

Btw, BE VERY CAREFUL with regard to how passionate we get about this topic whilst at work. Bailing up crew for their views on the EBA - to the point of aggression (and I've seen it happen!) could be viewed as harrassment by some. DO NOT leave yourselves open to this likelihood. Have a view, and if you disagree, leave it at that.