PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 20:27
milbud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Star

Hey guys / gals, the blue star process is an automated system....You as the applicant fill in the online process, when it asks if you are a blue star referral you answer yes and enter all the information about the VB employee who is acting as your referer.
The recruitment system picks this up and sends an internal e-mail to the VB employee you nominated and they have a form that they have to fill in and a declarartion to e-sign.

I might suggest that if your blue star buddies have not received the internal e-mail then you may have gotten some part of their information incorrect in your application. Make sure that each part of the info is letter perfect, including capitals where they should be. VB e-mail addresses do not use capitals, this is all i can suggest to you. The electronic system filters the applications for suitability, a standard practice these days, doesn't allow for personal bias. But I do know one of the girls up at volume recruitment had 1200 applications she was sorting through last week, and they are just the ones she had to do selected from the online app system.
Any one school for VB CC can have as many as 14000 applicants these days, and that has to get whittled down to the 60 odd that they group interview on the day and on from there. So when they say getting to the group stage is an achievement, it is.

Chin up guys, just keep plugging at it and keep the on line applications updated regularly, they can see when you have been in and updated, show a consistant level of interest!

Good luck