PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA - What will it do for you?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 19:37
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had our JPA brief today.

Apart from the fact that I see this as yet another job to do, it pains me to say that some of the stuff here appears to be nonsense. I don't agree with the Capped Actuals thing, and when I asked what the actual amounts would be, the briefer was unable to tell me. He confirmed that we will be expected to produce receipts for items over £5, but that these would need to be retained for one year (not 6 years as someone suggested earlier). That being the case, I expect that my own claims will reach the cap, it's just that the items making up the amount may all be made up of items costing <£5.00!

Similarly, the issue of leave appears not to have been so badly thought out as suggested here. My own concern is for those who work shifts - will the system accept that a shift worker's weekend occurs on a Weds/Thurs? The answer was yes. You can put a stand-down day in perfectly legitimately - it's just that if you are not a SNCO or offr, you may need to have your boss approve it.

What I have most concern about is the ability of the Service to deliver the system as described. I am not convinced that the DII or various interim systems are up to supporting the software, and if this database works exactly as required, it will be a first for the Services!

Edited to add that I was also rather disturbed by the statement that people who are unable to provide recipts without good cause would be subject to disciplinary action ... this is going to present some significant problems and may make criminals of us all!

STH