PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did an A340 Very Recently Land on a taxiway in Sao Paulo?
Old 28th Feb 2006, 18:27
the heavy heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

krueger,

my point is not that i'd court martial theese chaps but that i'm pretty sure that if the boys landed against atc instructions somebody will get 'nasty' with them.

they have my sympathy and my understanding.

as i said i understand how u could get yourself in this position in gru. i have been to gru many times and i have shot approachs there in awful weather with limited nav aids. that's what we get paid for.

the interesting aspect of this incident is the human factors that led to it. we all make mistakes, period. we have to accept that as professional pilots that we when are held accountable for the decisions we make that sometimes the truth will be that on that particular day and in those particular conditions we were wrong, maybee even negligent.

no matter what other factors come to light in this incident the very fact that this crew elected to land on that taxiway was a very poor decision. if you have been to gru i would be suprised if you thought it was an easy mistake.

i hope that their company shows them understanding when dealing with their case. my point is if the facts show that they landed on a taxiway with atc telling them to g/a i would expect them to be in some trouble.

fox 2.... heavy