PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pilot Trying to Fly a Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 17:00
Gerhardt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPF,

You sound a lot like my CFI. Even THINK about making a mistake (or doing something stupid) and he barks, and barks loud. Which is the way it should be.

With that said, you mentioned something that amazes me. There are a lot of pilots (yes, including CFIs) that hover-taxi sideways at speed, take off over buildings, etc. And it does influence not just me, but other students, into believing the maneuvers are acceptable once we build a few more hours and are more adept. There seems to be a tiny gap between what we're told is unacceptable and what we see every day. Most days I wish I was 20 years younger so I could go through a more structured training environment in the military.

I hope you don't ever worry about offending someone here by being blunt. If you bark about something stupid someone did and someone gets offended, then so be it. Surely I'm not the only low-hour pilot here, lurking, and picking up bits of information. Set the record straight and tell us the way it should be...because more people are learning from you than you realize.