PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Genesis in Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 12:20
yakkity yak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats pretty much what I have heard from the horses mouth. Some of the smaller RAAF app units will most likely stay as is for a little, while the bigger units like Pearce, most likely Richmond, etc will shift, but in reality it is like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. ASA really do not have the staffing to cope as they are still trying to cut staff...top SMS (for us guys in the ME we really dont know what that is because it does not bloody exist here). They (ASA) will continue with this folly until alas one day there will be a major incident, and lots of people high in the ivory tower will blame everybody else then the heads will roll.
They will then go into panic mode (because the pollies and CASA will tell them to fix it) and then find they cant hire enough controllers to fix the problem, because they have pissed off too many or they cant train them quickly enough. I bet the SMS has not considered any of this!!

NFR: and who might the 3rd party be, who is possibly going to do the TWR/TMA training? I am guessing BAE, but please do tell all......

Cheers