PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA - What will it do for you?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 09:03
Kev Nurse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This is what we were briefed: you enter the start date of your leave, the end date of your leave and JPA automatically deducts the 'absence' days from your 30 days leave entitlement. Therefore, if you took a week off after Easter but you worked Good Friday and Easter Monday, the week should only 'cost' 3 days from your annual leave. However, from what I was briefed, there is no facility available to enter the breakdown of days taken like there is on the current RAF leave form and JPA will not know that you worked the two PHs. Hence, the system cannot cope with such instances."
Presumably, the JPA computer will be regularly updated to recognise the PHs and other entitlements. So, if you work on the PHs (ie you do not include those dates within your stated leave span), the computer will credit your leave balance accordingly. Or, the computer credits you with your annual entitlement including PHs at the beginning of the Leave Year. Until I experience this system for myself I'm reluctant to be critical. If the briefing states that we only need to enter dates, and all is taken care of, then it gets my vote, at the moment.