PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Check-In and Boarding ID Question
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 08:09
Helo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI Check-In and Boarding ID Question

Hi
I was wondering if any BMI staff could answer a question for me regarding passenger IDs?

The route is Edinburgh to London and I booked tickets online for me and my wife. While my ticket name is in the format of Mr Joe Bloggs, my wife's ticket is in the format of Ms Joe Bloggs. I obviously wasn't paying attention when I made the online booking because my wife uses her maiden name and she has no ID in the format of Ms Joe Bloggs. What an idiot, I know. I can, however, provide a marriage certificate to prove our link!

I will be able to pick up both e-tickets from the airport using my credit card by which both tickets were paid, but is there a final ID check upon boarding?

I've looked at the BMI terms and conditions which state that ....

For travel within the UK (including Belfast) there is no requirement to carry photographic ID. For international flights, each passenger must be able to present a passport and passengers travelling to Dublin or Cork must now provide either a passport or another type of photographic identification. Failure to provide the appropriate ID at check-in will render the passenger unacceptable for travel.

Call centre staff suggested that I talk to staff when I arrive at the airport, which isn't exactly helpful. I was careless when I made the booking and am content to pay for another ticket in my wife's name if necessary. The terms and conditions say photographic ID is not required, but what about other ID? Is it just required for the ticket purchaser to collect the ticket(s), or is it also required for both passengers?

Any advice from BMI staff (or similar) would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Helo