PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA - What will it do for you?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 08:02
rej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southside, do you trawl through the posts and disagree with every single one.

I would have thought that the chances are that that you were not at my briefing (many briefings/many units/probably not serving at the same location etc) and for the most I think that I did understand the information that was given (but there again Southside always knows more than the rest of us!!).

This is what we were briefed: you enter the start date of your leave, the end date of your leave and JPA automatically deducts the 'absence' days from your 30 days leave entitlement. Therefore, if you took a week off after Easter but you worked Good Friday and Easter Monday, the week should only 'cost' 3 days from your annual leave. However, from what I was briefed, there is no facility available to enter the breakdown of days taken like there is on the current RAF leave form and JPA will not know that you worked the two PHs. Hence, the system cannot cope with such instances.

Fortunately Grimweasel has given me good guidance - cheers mate. and The Swinging Monkey is a good judge of character.

Last edited by rej; 28th Feb 2006 at 08:13.