PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Genesis in Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 03:31
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFR

Operationally what benifit/need would the RAAF have to administer Albury, Mackay and Rocky? There are no air assets or logistic assets based there that require a permanent military presence. When it comes to excersize requirements once again the RAAF can supply a core element of ATC or Air Defence if required, especially practicable if in the future a majority of positions are absorbed into a joint military/civil umbrella. Not convinced it would "keep the RAAF happy" I am not sure if it would be on the best seller lists for postings either

I thought MATS was the basis for controlling both civil and military???? I know before I left the RAAF we had gone to a common document with Air Force Sups...may have changed, haven't been on home soil for a decade...

Anyway, I see a major (and possibly overdue) change on the horizen that will, unfortunately, be a result of penny pinching and revenue seeking more so than practicle prior planning. The merits of a common system has been mooted off and on for decades now...