PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pilot Trying to Fly a Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 02:22
papa68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all,

I'm in complete agreement with most of the comments made in this thread.

PP #1 Fan,

You're spot on with regards to many of the comments made in relation to "Olds and Bolds" and their attitudes towards newcomers to the industry. It appears that many of us must never have been newbies and as such, there would be no requirement for us to exhibit empathy for those starting out on their way.

Having said that, I do believe Rotorheads is sometimes hijacked by "enthusiasts" rather than professional pilots. That's not to say that the enthusiasts out there shouldn't be entitled to their own forum. I guess we need to ask ourselves what sort of forum do we want for the pilots and can another forum be generated for the keen would be rotorheads out there?

One of the problems I find with Rotorheads in it's current format is that the sheer number of threads being generated is substantial but many of them are not especially relevant from a professional standpoint. Don't get me wrong, I like a good laugh as much as the next guy, but perhaps threads with more of a humour / general interest angle could be placed somewhere else more appropriate.

Cheers,

P68