PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Genesis in Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 01:43
No Further Requirements

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the moment, all RAAF ATC sections employ defence civilians as well as uniformed members. I think Edinbugh has only one full-time RAAFie on staff (the SATCO). I hope that the RAAF/AsA look at other nations like NZ, Germany and Sweden that have integrated military/civil ATC and take notes. This will hopefully mean the end of ADATS and one ATC system employed nation wide. At least with both parties using MATS as the basis of controlling, it will mean a relatively easily transition.
A couple of rumours I have heard:
1. Eventually TMA/TWR training will be done by a third party in Maroochy. I hear they are looking at setting up a training academy pitched at Asian nations and that AsA/RAAF are interested too.
2. Darwin and Townsville approach are currently done by the RAAF, and hence no air navigation charges apply within those TMAs. AsA is interested in taking over those two as they would make money out of them. To keep the RAAF happy, they would offload towers to the RAAF which lose them money, like Albury, Mackay and Rocky.
I open the floor to comments. Incomming........
Cheers,
NFR.