PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F35 or Rafale? The UK and France talk.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2006, 00:57
morning mungrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes. I just don't get you guys. Typhoon is so much better than F-16, F-15, Rafale, every other goddam thing flying. Better than Raptor, worse than Raptor. It does this, it can't do that. If it were my money, I'd be DAMN FECKIN SURE that my NEW aircraft was a whole lot better than something designed 30 YEARS AGO! Any comparisons to F-16's and such like are really pointless. Yes, Typhoon has more POTENTIAL for expansion etc, than an F-16 Block whatever. It bloody well should have. It's 30 years newer, and how much more expensive? The real question we need to be asking, is why the yanks won't do the tecnology transfer. We have exactly the same dilemma here as you do there. But arguing that your new jet has more bells and whistles than 25 or 30 year older designs is pissing in the wind guys. The real problem is what actually gets DELIVERED to YOU, the customer in terms of capability. The older designs already have all the other stuff, asraam, amraam, G/A capability, AESA, etc. No or not much stealth, or supercruise, but hey, they can deliver. How about we compare apples with apples, when Typhoon can actually DELIVER in all it's intended roles?